26 Apr Are you a High-Functioning Alcoholic?
A functioning alcoholic might be responsible and productive because they are able to regularly make it to a job. More often than not, others overlook the persons drinking problem all together when they can maintain stressful and powerful positions in business. Unfortunately, just because they are high-functioning does not mean they are resilient to the effects of alcohol. They are still capable of harming themselves or worse, someone else. Consider a driver nursing a hangover, or a pilot, do you want someone like that in charge of your life? These are the characteristics of a high-functioning alcoholic:
- They become irritable or agitated easily if not drinking
- They cannot limit themselves to one drink
- They hide their alcohol consumption
- They get angry and upset when confronted about their drinking
- They need alcohol to feel confident, relaxed, or at ease
Alcohol treatment is necessary when someone poses a threat to themselves or others. Florida Recovery group provides many different services that can be tailored to specific needs, along with halfway housing and sober activities. If you or a loved one is in need of help, give us a call today.