10 Jul What to Expect During Inpatient Drug Rehab in South Florida
There are many different forms of drug rehab available in South Florida. As a result, some individuals may have a hard time deciphering which type of rehab is best suited for them. Most people suffering from drug addiction in Delray Beach, Florida begin their journey of recovery at a detoxing program. However, individuals often face the difficult decision of choosing either inpatient or outpatient rehab after they have completed detox. In order to help with your decision, continue reading to learn about the differences between inpatient and outpatient drug addiction rehab in South Florida and which form of treatment is best suited for your needs.
What to Expect During Inpatient Drug Rehab
Inpatient treatment programs serving patients in Delray Beach, Florida, and the surrounding areas include a number of different elements in order to treat the effects of drug addiction. In fact, inpatient rehab in South Florida incorporates six elements and stages of treatment, including:
- Evaluation- Staff members will evaluate each patient individually upon arrival, allowing them to devise a comprehensive and individualized treatment plan that best serves your needs.
- Detox- Individuals will begin detox in order to rid their bodies of all mood or mind-altering substances while being treated for symptoms of withdrawal.
- Psychological Treatment- Patients will receive group therapy, individual therapy, psychotherapy, and educational classes in order to heal emotionally and promote awareness in regards to the effects of drug addiction.
- Medical Treatment- Professional treatment staff will provide patients with medications to ease withdrawal symptoms, drug cravings, and treat any underlying medical or mental conditions.
- Transitioning Skills- Patients are given tools in order to help them transition back into everyday life after treatment is completed.
- Sobriety Maintenance Techniques- Individuals will receive an aftercare plan that can consist of attending an outpatient program, finding a sponsor, joining a support group, and/or attending individual and group therapy.
What is the Typical Length of Stay for Inpatient Rehab Programs?
Inpatient drug rehab programs in South Florida will provide each individual with a different treatment plan. As a result of this, patients will be required to stay at the rehab center for varying lengths of time, depending on a variety of factors. At inpatient treatment centers in Delray Beach, Florida, individuals will stay for a longer or shorter period of time depending on who they are, what they need, and what substance they were addicted to. This is done in order to ensure that patients do not spend too much or too little time in an inpatient program.
To further explain, inpatient drug rehab programs in South Florida require a minimum stay of at least 28 days. However, individuals may be asked to stay as long as 60-90 days depending on the type of treatments they require. All things considered, the effectiveness of inpatient rehab programs having long-term and beneficial results is often related to the patient’s length of stay. Individuals who attend inpatient treatment for less than 90 days have been found to experience less effective long-term outcomes than those who stayed longer.
Inpatient Drug Rehab vs. Outpatient Drug Rehab
Inpatient, also known as PHP, and outpatient treatment are very similar in nature. However, treatment approaches in these two South Florida rehab options differ greatly. For example, these two types of drug addiction treatment differ based upon the level of structure and distractions available. Outpatient rehab programs have days that are unstructured and allow patients to be accountable for attending their counseling sessions. On the other hand, inpatient treatment requires that individuals live on-campus while they are monitored by staff for participation, treatment progress, and overall health.
To explain, inpatient and outpatient drug treatment centers in Delray Beach, Florida both utilize the same treatment modalities, such as individual therapy and counseling as well as group therapy and support. However, inpatient drug treatment is best suited for individuals with a drug or alcohol addiction that requires them to be placed under medical and mental observation in order to produce effective results such as long-term sobriety. Quite differently, outpatient treatment programs are best suited for individuals who are extremely motivated to say sober on their own and plan to follow through with treatment without the motivation from staff members.
When Should I Attend Inpatient Drug Addiction Treatment in South Florida?
If you or a loved one are suffering from drug addiction, you may be confused about whether an inpatient treatment center would be best for you. If you identify with the following statements, inpatient treatment in Delray Beach, Florida is your best option for success:
- Drug addiction has become so severe that the individual and their family is experiencing a crisis. In order to be effectively treated, the individual must participate in an inpatient treatment center.
- Your drug addiction has lead to hospitalization due to an overdose or suicide attempt.
- You or your loved one tried an outpatient treatment program in the past and it was not effective.
- You or a loved one suffer from chronic relapsing in regards to your addiction.
- Drug addiction has lead to actions of self-harm that require consistent or constant observation in order to change patterns of behavior and thought.
If you or a loved one have experienced any of the previous statements, it is time to consider attending inpatient treatment in South Florida. At Florida Recovery Group, our professional and experienced staff will help you to overcome your addiction, the underlying causes, and the lasting effects of your substance abuse. Contact us today for more information on our South Florida inpatient treatment program.