21 Apr What is Men’s Drug Rehab in Delray Beach Like?
Since addiction impacts men and women differently, both men and women may be able to benefit from gender-specific addiction treatment. Men’s drug rehab programs in Delray Beach provide male-specific counseling and treatment to men who are seeking a life in sobriety.
Between anger, low-self esteem, sexual trauma, and emotional challenges, there are many issues that can impact young men and make them more susceptible to substance abuse. However, these same issues must also be overcome by men who want to stay sober. Men’s drug rehab programs offer highly individualized treatment that targets male-specific issues.
An Overview of Drug Abuse Among Men
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, men are more likely than women to abuse all types of drugs. They are also more likely to end up in the emergency room as a result of drug use. When it comes to types of drugs:
- Men are more likely to abuse marijuana and develop a marijuana use disorder
- Men use heroin in greater amounts and are more likely to inject it than women
- Alcohol consumption among men is higher than in women, and men have to consume larger quantities of alcohol to get drunk
Men also tend to have different habits regarding their substance abuse. While women are more likely to use substances in isolation, men are more likely to begin abusing substances in group settings. Men may be more susceptible to peer pressure as a result of this.
Men may abuse drugs for many different reasons. Some men abuse substances to enhance their physical performance while others abuse substances for emotional and mental reasons. Men are also more prone to anger problems than women. They may abuse substances to deal with their anger. Whatever the case may be, a men’s only drug rehab in Delray Beach can help.
Why Choose a Men’s-Only Drug Rehab in Delray Beach?
Many men may be reluctant to seek treatment because they don’t want to be viewed as weak. Oftentimes, society places immense pressure on men to be strong, independent, and “manly.” They may believe they should not be emotional or speak about their feelings. As a result, things like therapy, counseling, and asking for help are stigmatized among men. This leads some men to avoid asking for help or getting vulnerable with others. However, asking for help and becoming vulnerable are essential elements of recovery.
Men who enter gender-specific addiction treatment in Delray Beach are joining a safe and supportive environment that will help push them past the social pressures men experience. At a men’s facility, men are surrounded by other men who have similar goals: to get sober and stay sober. They aren’t surrounded by women, so they aren’t distracted by attraction and don’t feel as much pressure to remain stoic or “strong.” Instead, men are able to get vulnerable and begin their healing journey.
Goals of Male-Specific Addiction Treatment
Men’s drug rehab programs in Delray Beach utilize a multidisciplinary approach to addiction treatment. They aim to treat the whole person, not just the person’s symptoms. Male-specific treatment programs do this in many different ways. Treatment for men consists of:
- Physical health management – Men will need to detox before starting treatment. They may also be malnourished or have physical health conditions that need attention. Addiction treatment programs provide on-site medical care to men seeking treatment.
- Mental health management – Nearly 50% of people who struggle with substance abuse also have a mental health condition. And, drug and alcohol abuse can negatively affect one’s mental health. During rehab, men are able to get mental health medications and counseling to overcome these struggles.
- Trigger identification – Certain people, places, and things can trigger men to want to use substances. Recognizing these triggers is the first step towards learning how to cope with them.
- Behavior modification – Addiction recovery involves changing one’s behaviors and thinking patterns. Therapists can help men adopt new, healthy behaviors that are conducive to recovery.
- Separation from drugs and alcohol – Inpatient men’s rehab centers separate men from their usual environments and place them in safe, supportive, and sober living.
These five elements of care help make for a comprehensive and effective treatment approach.
Benefits of Men’s Only Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Men must endure unique challenges in early recovery. Men’s-only drug rehab programs in Delray Beach strive to help men address these issues and learn how to overcome future difficulties. In addition to addressing the unique issues and pressures men experience, there are additional benefits of a men’s-only treatment program. These include:
- Facilitating therapies that address male-specific issues in addiction and recovery
- Providing a higher level of comfort that is hard to achieve in co-ed treatment programs
- Reducing feelings of judgment or discomfort
- Providing a distraction-free environment where men are removed from sexual interests
- Giving men an opportunity to build intimate and lasting relationships with other sober men
At a men’s rehab center, men don’t have to worry about keeping up their outer facade. They can open up with their therapists, get vulnerable with their peers, and get the undivided therapeutic attention they need to stay sober.
Find a Men’s Drug Rehab Center in Delray Beach
A men’s only addiction treatment program can help men take back control over their lives. At Florida Recovery Group, our team of addiction professionals is dedicated to helping both men and women find the care they deserve. To learn more about our treatment programs or to find a men’s rehab center near you, pick up the phone and call today.