04 Sep What to Pack for Drug Rehab in Delray Beach
Choosing to attend a drug rehab in Delray Beach is one of the most difficult, yet rewarding decisions of your life. Millions of Americans suffer from drug addiction daily, yet only 11 percent of them receive professional treatment. However, if you are one of the lucky individuals who attend treatment, you may have some questions about the program and what you should pack for drug rehab.
Individuals attending drug rehab already have a lot of things to worry about. Because of this, Florida Recovery Group has put together a complete guide on what to pack when attending drug rehab in Delray Beach. Continue reading to learn more about what drug rehab is like, what to pack, and how to prepare for treatment.
What is Drug Rehab in Delray Beach like?
If you or a loved one are planning on attending drug rehab in Delray Beach, you may be wondering how the treatment process works. For example, you may be wondering what activities you will be participating in during the day. While every drug rehab program is different, each treatment facility uses some of the same core rehabilitation procedures.
Most addiction treatment programs follow a similar timeline:
- Patients begin their mornings with a nutritious breakfast as well as a yoga class, group meditation, or group meeting.
- During the day, patients undergo various therapies and activities. For example, group therapy, individual therapy, or educational classes.
- Patients receive a nutritious lunch around midday.
- In the afternoon, patients typically have free time where they can choose to relax or participate in specific leisure activities.
- During the evening, patients will receive a healthy meal and attend a group meeting.
- Patients go to bed at a healthy time, allowing them to feel fully rested and ready to continue healing the next day.
In addition, most treatment programs heavily emphasize the importance of structure and routine. As a result, patients are able to develop healthier habits, making it easier for them to avoid stress and triggers.
What to Pack for Drug Rehab in Delray Beach
Most individuals attending addiction treatment for the first time are unsure of what to pack. There are a lot of factors that come into play when trying to pack for drug rehab. For example, the length of your stay and the weather in the area your treatment center is located will determine what kind of clothes you pack.
Most drug and alcohol rehab programs follow a strict dress code. Just in case, make sure to contact your rehab of choice to ensure that your clothing follows their guidelines.
Examples of appropriate drug rehab clothing include:
- Comfortable shoes intended for daily wear and exercise
- T-shirts that comply with treatment center dress code and are appropriate for the weather
- Pants or shorts that comply with the dress code
- One nice outfit that you can use for special occasions or family visits
- Jackets, hoodies, or coats in case the facility is cold
- Appropriate bathing suits if your treatment center includes pool or beach access
Thankfully, drug rehab programs include laundry facilities. In other words, this means patients do not need to bring more than a week or two of outfits.
It is common for patients to forget to pack their toiletries, as going to drug rehab can be nerve-racking. Before leaving for drug rehab in Delray Beach, make sure to pack your essential toiletries.
Examples of toiletries to bring include:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Combs or brushes
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Feminine hygiene products
However, it is extremely important that you remember not to bring any toiletries that include alcohol. For example, make sure that your mouthwash is alcohol-free and that you do not have any weapons on you.
In all honesty, you should not bring many additional items with you to treatment. However, there are a few items you may need during your stay at an addiction treatment facility in Delray Beach.
Additional items you should pack include:
- Contact information for family members and loved ones that you may want to call
- Prescription medications that still have their label intact
- Money, in case you need to make any purchases
- Copies of your insurance information and your ID
- A journal or notebook
- Stamps and envelopes if you plan to mail letters
Additionally, if you would like to bring activities (that follow rules and guidelines) you can. For example, you may bring materials to read, art supplies to draw, and even activity books like word cross puzzles.
What Not to Bring to Rehab
It is equally important to know what you shouldn’t bring when going to rehab.
The following contains items that you should leave at home, as they are against treatment program rules:
- Outside food or drinks that could contain illicit substances
- Pornographic material
- Electronic cigarettes
- Unapproved medications or illicit substances
- Inappropriate clothing that could trigger another patient
- Cleaning supplies, as they could be ingested
- Candles or incenses as they can be a fire hazard
Preparation Tips for Attending Rehab
Knowing what you should and shouldn’t bring to treatment can relieve a lot of stress and anxiety. However, you may still feel worried or unprepared.
Here are some additional tips on preparing to attend drug rehab:
- Make sure to take care of work and family obligations before you leave
- Pay your bills and tie up any loose ends, or have a loved one take care of it for you (apartment leases, utility bills, etc.)
- Spend time with loved ones while avoiding people who abuse substances
- Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water to aid in the detox process
If you or a loved one are in need of a drug rehab program in Delray Beach, look no further. Florida Recovery Group is a professional and state-licensed treatment center that can help you begin your journey of recovery. Contact us today for more information on drug rehab, what to pack, and how to prepare for treatment.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.